Meeting in person is so important in so many ways! After yet another time of Lockdown it’s great to be able to return to our building for activities and services, so we want to do so as soon as we can. But, we also need to be safe.
Obviously, everything we do to keep Covid-safe is subject to the Government’s roadmap. That means our procedures will change over time, depending on where we are in the roadmap.
For now, we’re opening up with Sunday services and a Tots Playtime.
The Tots Playtime is a new one-hour time each Wednesday morning. Places are limited and booking is required, and you can read about our Covid measures on the Tots Playtime page.
For those who can’t make it, Sunday services are streamed on YouTube even when we’re meeting in person. You can find links to the videos on our Sunday page. If you are attending a Sunday service in person, please see below.
Sunday Services in person
From Good Friday onwards, morning services will be both in-person and online. Afternoon services will continue to be online only for now. The following measures will be in place at the building:
- We’d love to give you a warm welcome, shake hands, stop and chat, and catch up over a tea or coffee afterwards – but we can’t! Please don’t think we’re being rude; we’re just trying to keep everyone safe.
- Our basic rule of thumb is: “Don’t bring it in | Don’t pass it on | Respond quickly”.
- Face coverings are required, unless you’re exempt
- We’ll ask you for your name and contact details for Test & Trace, or you may use the NHS app to scan the QR Code at the door. These details are only used for Test & Trace and are destroyed within 3 weeks. We won’t use them for anything else.
- Hand sanitisers are available at entry and exit to the building.
- Sadly, we’re not to sing in church although hymns will be played for us to listen to (usually from the Evangelical Movement of Wales Aberystwyth conference recordings).
- Within the building, we have to maintain social distancing and no interaction between households/bubbles, but once outside we can chat within two households or the Rule of 6.
- Children are always welcome but will need to stay with parents.
- We celebrate the Lord’s Table (Communion) each month but again in a Covid-safe way. Instructions are given at each Lord’s Table service.