Connections are so important for us all! It’s important we remain connected to our friends and families – and to make new friends and discover new connections.
Every Friday we host our wonderful Connections time between 9:30 and 11:30.
Drop in or linger, come alone or arrange a meet-up – we don’t mind.
- Somewhere to bring your pre-school children for a snack, or to meet up with an older relative
- Why not bring a friend or neighbour who’s not been out very much for a little while?
- Or if you just need a friendly, low-cost place to meet up with a friend on a regular basis?
You can expect:
- A space to chat – either with friends, or to make new ones.
- A place to play – if you have pre-school children, you’ll find toys, crafts, and activities to share with them – even including an occasional story-time.
- Refreshments – tea, coffee, soft drinks, cake, toast, etc.
- A warm welcome – Everyone is welcome to come along. This isn’t for any one group or type – it’s for us all.
We don’t make a charge as this is our gift to our community, though there is a donations box if you’d like to contribute something.
You’ll find our address and a map on our Find Us page.
We have a car park which you are welcome to use. Access is wheelchair-friendly and you can park right at the door if you need to for drop-off/pick-up.
If you’re bringing a pushchair there’s plenty of room.
Naturally, the whole venue will be operating to the latest guidelines to keep us all Covid-safe.
Place of Welcome
We’re also delighted that our Connections time is part of the national Places of Welcome network. That means we’re independently recognised as providing you with the “Five P’s”:
- PLACE – An accessible and hospitable building, open at the same time every week
- PEOPLE – Open to everyone regardless of their circumstances or situation, and staffed by volunteers
- PRESENCE – A place where people actively listen to one another
- PROVISION – Offering free refreshments (at least a cup of tea and a biscuit) and basic local information
- PARTICIPATION – Every person will bring talents, experiences and skills that they may be willing to share locally